Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Things My Kids Break - DVD player

It's that time again ladies and gentlemen, here we have another edition of "things my kids break". Seriously at the rate we're going this may become a daily feature...

Today was just one of those days. I feel like a broken record sometimes. "Willow forks don't go in the DVD player." "Willow we don't color our brand new $30 Gymboree shirt that your Auntie paid full price for with permanent markers" "Willow we don't need to pour the entire box of dishwashing detergent in the dishwasher." "Willow your sissy does not want to go all gone, please take the box off her head."

If you haven't figured it out yet, Willow is a bit of a handful. We're very sure that in addition to her speech delay she's also ADD or ADHD but she's too young for the testing. As a preschool teacher I had a class of 15 three year olds, some of which were diagnosed ADHD and Autistic and their behavior is down right angelic compared to hers. I love her to death but she's one of those kids who makes mommy feel like she needs a drink (or 10) each night. I really shouldn't be shocked by anything she does anymore, but I still am trying to figure out how she managed to get not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 DVDs stuck in the DVD player. I managed to pry them out but now the player won't open or close. Maybe she'll realize that mommy tells her not to touch it for a reason, when she can't watch The Wiggles tomorrow. Or maybe mommy will go crazy. I'm placing my bets on the later.

1 comment:

  1. My twin boys are the same, they are constantly breaking stuff it's just unbelievable. They seem to be very destructive little boys and no matter how many times we tell them they go and break something else .. i can totally understand your pain.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear from you!